Middlewood Locks will have over 500,000 sq ft
of Grade A office space.
The site is strategically located at Salford’s gateway to Spinningfields, the Central Business District of Manchester less than 8-minutes’ walk away.
Middlewood Locks is also highly-connected and within a short walk to Salford Central train station, which, together with the surrounding area, is currently undergoing a multimillion-pound transformation. This development will see the station is extend to a total of 9 platforms that will service over 18 trains per hour.
The railway station offers a connection to the region and the rest of the UK, putting businesses in a prime position for their customers, staff and suppliers.
More than offices
Middlewood Locks will provide a range of retail and leisure opportunities, complementing the residential and office development. The site has outline consent for up to 250,000 sq ft of non-office commercial space which will include uses such as:
- Hotels (short- and long-stay)
- Convenience Store
- Medical Centre
A magnet for business
An attractive economy
- 7-million people living within an hour’s drive
- The largest travel-to-work area of any conurbation outside of London
- The UK’s second largest Business, Financial and Professional Services sector, and largest cultural and creative cluster
- More than 5-million delegates annually attend conference and business events
- The strongest performer for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) outside of London
- One of the largest university populations in Europe
Home is where the heart is
At the heart of two cities
- Middlewood Locks is located where two great cities meet: Manchester and Salford. Both have unique personalities and remarkable range of things to see and do.
- Connected by Salford Central railway station and excellent links by road, air, tram and bus, you will be at the heart of everything, with easy access to local, regional and national locations.
Welcome to the powerhouse empowering people
Welcome to the region empowering business
Greater Manchester is one of the UK’s most exciting places; a region taking control of its destiny and building on a past of innovation and radical thinking. Manchester and Salford are cities for the future.
- There are 1.4-million people working in Greater Manchester in around 105,000 businesses
- A £51-billion economy
- A population of 2.5-million people
- Predicted to grow to almost 3-million by 2031
A LONG WALK BY THE CANAL
A SHORT WALK FROM THE ACTION
- Centred around three canal basins, Middlewood Locks is a peaceful neighbourhood where you can relax and take a stroll along beautiful waterways. It will offer a rare quality of life for residents who want city living with a difference.
- Based at the gateway to Spinningfields, the premier business district of Manchester, with access to many bars, businesses, restaurants, shops and world-class cultural experiences.
Manchester and Salford have a proud history of cultural innovation. Music in particular is part of the area’s soul, but every taste is catered for.
- Four professional orchestras
- Major art galleries and museums
- Manchester International Festival
- A new RHD Garden
- A new £70m theatre and arts venue
Manchester and Salford offer an amazing array of bars and restaurants. From cocktails to fine dining, there’s something for everyone, on your doorstep. It’s also a region that attracts visitors from around the world. We pride ourselves on our diversity and everyone feels at home here.
- Named by the Lonely Planet as one of its Top Ten Cities to Visit in 2016
- Over 70 curry houses
- The most linguistically diverse city in Western Europe
- The largest Chinatown in the UK
- The UK’s leading Gay Pride event